Getting There:Â Brooklyn Boulders Somerville is located at 12A Tyler Street in Somerville. MA â€“ about a 10-minute car ride, 15-minute bike ride or 20-minute bus ride from Tufts campus.
To arrive at BKBS by bus you can take the 87. Catch it at the intersection of Broadway & Holland. Get off at the Somerville Ave & Central Street stop and then itâ€™s a short walk to the gym.
Learning to Climb: BKBS offers Learn the Ropes (LTR) classes every weekday at 5, 7 and 9 pm.Â Please book ahead of time by either calling the front desk (617 623 6700) or visiting our website.Â The class costs $79 and includes two day passes plus gear rental. BKBS members also get 50% off the LTR and Learn to Boulder classes, as well as 10% off the Learn to Lead class.
TMC Membership Perks:
– BKBS NO LONGER OFFERS TMC A DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP
BKBS Membership Perks:
– Access to 3Â locations with 1Â more opening across the country in the coming year.
– Free access to yoga classes with multiple classes available on weeknights and weekends.
– 1 free guest pass per month
– Discounts at local area businesses, including:
- A4 Pizza – 10% off from Sunday-Wednesday (this does not include take out)
- Courageous Sailing – 10% off classes and memberships
- Ibex – 20% off
- Superb Bicycle – 15% off custom/retail bicycles and 10% off labor
- ZipCar – $25 in Driving Credit upon Sign-Up and $25 Joining fee. M-F $9.75/hour flat rate for all cars and discounts on nightly rates