Gear rental is free for (and exclusively for) TMC members!
Contact the Gear Director with any questions not answered here.
Here is a basic inventory of the gear room by sport:
Climbing: Harnesses, limited sizes of climbing shoes, helmets, chalk bags.
Ice Climbing: Ice tools, mountaineering boots, crampons, harnesses.
Mountaineering: Ice axes, mountaineering boots, gaiters.
Backpacking: Packs, stoves, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, tarps, fuel bottles, tents, microspikes, snowshoes, trekking poles, pots and pans, maps, compasses.
Aqua: Kayaks (river and sea), spray skirts, PFDs, neoprene gloves, paddles, helmets, throw bags.
Winter Fun (on campus): Sleds.
Winter Fun (only available at Loj): Cross-Country skis and boots.
A browsable inventory of the gear roomÂ is available here.
In addition to gear, there is a clothing lend available at the TMC Loj to ensure that everyone has access to the warm clothes that they need to have a safe time in the wilderness.
Gear Hours areÂ Thursdays 2-4pm for the SpringÂ 2017 semester.
To schedule an appointment outside of regular hours, shoot the Gear Director an e-mail.
1) Either stop by during gear hours or schedule an appointment with the Gear Master at least 3 days in advance.
2) Bring acceptable collateral (credit card, debit card, cash or cheque for amount of gear, passport, current and valid drivers license, laptop/cell phone or car keys). Note: You cannot check out gear without collateral. No exceptions, sorry!
3) Check out gear (the Gear Master will e-mail you a list of what you check out).
4) Use gear for shenanigans!
5) Return gear (in good condition) to the Gear Master. Again, come during gear hours or schedule an appointment.
The gear room is on 17 Chetwynd (the street across from Fletcher Field) in the same building as TSR, next to the Chabad House. Go straight through the doors, up the stairs, at the top go straight through the door and swing left. The annex and gear room are at the end of the hallway.